Friday, February 29, 2008

Storytime Week of 2/25 (Storytimes 2/27 & 2/29)

Today's theme was "WHAT'S TO EAT?"

BOOKS READ:
Who Took The Cookies from the Cookie Jar? - Bonnie Lass & Philemon Sturges
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
What a Good Lunch by Shigeo Watanabe
Too Many Pears by Jackie French
Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins

SONGS:

"Hot Cross Buns"
Hot cross buns
Hot cross buns
One a penny
Two a penny
Hot cross buns.

"I'm a Little Teapot"
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle [one hand on hip], here is my spout [other arm out straight]
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout
Just tip me over and pour me out!
[as song ends, lean over and tip arm out like a spout]

I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true
Here's an example of what I can do
I can change my handle to my spout [switch arm positions and repeat tipping motion]
Just tip me over and pour me out
CLICK HERE TO HEAR: http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/teapot.htm

FINGERPLAYS:

Little Tommy Tucker
Sing for your supper.
What shall he sing for?
White bread and butter.
How can he cut it
Without any knife?
How can he marry
Without any wife?







No comments: